Friday, April 2, 2010

Attitudinal

Okay, it's actually beginning to get almost odd, how surprised people are at the way I've responded to being laid off. But even apart from having already been "looking" for another job - frankly, this is the way I've pretty much always responded to it. I'm part of a generation which has just gotten used to being displaced fairly regularly. It's what companies *do*, it's reality.

Do people really have time to respond to layoffs with long periods of keening and teeth-gnashing? I mean, seriously. I know an initial response isn't generally going to be what mine was. But three days later. Still upset? Or maybe generally resentful? I'm getting "impressed" amazement from people in management positions, even a recruiter. Do people routinely face RECRUITERS with anger and flapdoodle? Is that even sane??

No comments: