Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dailies

Okay, so twenty-three sites each day means I spend a significant chunk of time every day sitting at the laptop poking around for jobs. Add to this the minor but real frustrations of reading a book electronically instead of in hard copy, and I'm still only halfway into the full reading of my own novel. Given that I've now been unemployed five full weeks now, and I'd started well before losing my gig: I am well aware this is an unconscionable delay. "Hey!" says my brain, though, "the agent's not done with three little chapters yet, and it's been like NINE weeks for her!"

And then my subconscious beats up my smarty-pants brain, makes it cry like a beat dog, and ties it up in a corner without any water. Shut up, brain.

Then it's time to go do some more laundry.



Man. Considering how little wardrobe one really requires, being without a job, I sure am READY, when someone will finally require me to get out of my house.

All those lovely summer suits just going to waste in my closet. It's a pity.

No comments: