Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Magic Time (or, "I smell robot.")

Sometimes hormones can be a real gas. There are times I revel in feminine emotions, love the way things "get" me more occasionally.

Now's probably not a good time (see also - listening to my dad's memorial and a subsequent nosedive in that fabled "attitude" of mine), though, for this sort of extremity.

My first strategy was to watch "Samurai Jack" for a while there. Meh, I just wasn't really in the place.

Then I took "Stage Beauty" off the shelf (review, by the way, to follow shortly - great film, that one). The harrowing climax really did it to me. Nope, not the ticket.

So this evening, I took Big Bang Theory down and popped it in the DVD player. Aw. Sheldon Moon Pie. Laughter.

Even though I just watched these like a couple months ago here - just the thing.

I adore that Sheldon does biofeedback. My mom still talks about biofeedback. It's so delightfully seventies.


***


BBT got me through one of the most stunningly awful times of my life a couple and a half years back. It made me laugh when I really didn't understand that was possible.

But my "aw gawrsh" affection for this show, thank heavens, doesn't do thing one to make me all misty and goopy and stuff.

2 comments:

Wolfmammy said...

Sheldon is my favorite!

DLM said...

Okay, so NOW the truth comes out! Wolfie is a big old BBT nerd!!