Thursday, May 13, 2010

Masseuse, Please

Or masseur, I really don't care.

I have just gone through and eliminated all the don't-bother agencies out of the Writer's Market. Unfortunately, based on what WM has to offer (not that much; days and days of website research should revise this), none of my "query" ones seems all that hot a prospect. I only starred one, and that mainly just because they mention histfic twice.

Now begins the interminable process of researching ONLINE, and actually creating each query and submission. It rather surprises me just how *many* agencies still won't take electronic submissions; this makes me go "hmm" since I don't have a working printer. Even the printer I do have, given the work at hand, would probably poop out if it worked at all. My stepfather had threatened to give me a pretty nice HP, but that has fallen through, which is no-harm/no-foul of course - but it's like some things with my mom: I just wish offers wouldn't get made in the first place, if they're only going to be withdrawn, or made overly complicated. (Yes, I know it'd require software installation and an adaptor. Either hand the thing over, or don't, but don't waste MY time fretting over what *I* would have to do with it. Sheesh.)

Anyway, so the bottom line is, I really am going to need a printer now. This will require a bit more research and effort on my part, something of a pain, but at least another item to keep me productively and decisively BUSY for a while (hee - I typed "busty" there at first ...).

So much going on, which is actually very good. But, at the same time, I am physically keyed up. And Sid's a rotten massage artist. Her claws are too long.

No comments: