Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16

A year ago today, I was taking a mini-vacation. I saw Star Trek. I'd had a terrible migraine the night before, and was enjoying that special post-symptom I get with the worst ones, a sense of how incredibly GOOD it feels not to feel a migraine; the post-headache euphoria. The day. The freedom. The entertainment.

My next vacation is yet to come. It will be more populous, and more substantial. But the vacations I have taken alone have been special too. Last year was precious to me. I dreamt of it last night.

I dreamt also of the one yet to come; my family, the fun we will have. I'm kind of excited. Haven't seen my brother in nearly two and a half years, and my sister-in-law and nieces for almost exactly two. Time for a visit.

And a vacation, yes.

No comments: