Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Alphabet

In reaching the R's in my (first) list of queries, I've paused a little bit again in my progress, as going back to do the hard copy editions is still impossible due to continued absence of a printer with which to do them. *Bleah*

There will be further inquiries to make, of course; Writer's Market is not the only, nor final, word - and it shouldn't be. It doesn't know everything, and I've actually made one error in "query for so-and-so" choosing, because WM indicated a certain agent was with a certain agency, and the agency she's actually gone with (a) gave no indication of her presence, and was in fact (b) itself confusingly renamed and unexplained and the information as to what's actually what only appeared before me by accident when I was reading up on someone ELSE (the agent-in-question's new agency) several weeks later. Gah.

I'm hot and tired, and thinking of other things, not least of which is some personal stuff which is emotionally compelling. There is one iron in the fire, job-wise, which possibly may be heating up - but again, it is hard to get very excited about that. The heat's staying at three digits these days, and it's still only June. And there are people in the world who think it revolves around them. When I've spent as much time lately as I have ministering to the urgent and immediate needs of those I care about most, it's hard to offer much attention to other people demanding still more of it. If I even DO get a job soon, I'll be starting it in a state of exhaustion and stress that a lot of people who "envy" my "vacation" time do not understand (good lord, if one more person jokes about how jealous they are about how much sleep I must be getting ...). And on top of all that is going on, come the problems I've had with the former employer even living up to their severance agreement.

It's one thing after another.

And, after the R's, it'll be a good chunk of the rest of the list, and then another short breather.



I'm still not getting rejections, even from those agencies I received confirmations of one sort or another from on receipt of my queries.

Unemployment, and the state of being un-agented, are wearing periods to endure.

It would be nice for something good to happen soon.

No comments: