Monday, June 28, 2010

And the Sky Burst Forth

And it is raining. A wonderful, windy, stormy, pelty grey rain, dizzying and slanting, welcome and beautifully dark. Twenty minutes ago, it was sunny. I hope it won't be so once again as quickly as that - the drought is too much. And we need this too much.

As the sky opened up, I was sending my very last query from the list in Writers Market. It is the 24th query I've done, the last of the electronics (from this source). Now will begin the real work, of course - of researching MORE agencies and agents who handle my genre; information beyond the book, not handed over with deets and an easy list.

As for those hard copies still pending ... well. Still pending, until I get a good capacity printer!

This day doesn't necessarily feel portentious, but I would be happy to take the sky wetting us down at last as a good sign. The interview change this morning. The last query being a particularly interesting one.

I can close my big fat book for a while (until getting a printer!), and embark on new work.

Maybe even work I can get paid for.

May today be a good day. Full of signs and hopeful changes.

No comments: