Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scattershot

My Slacker Radio station is doing a superlative job of helping me out today. We started mellow, but now "Suffragette City" is doing its darndest for my poor little neurons.

I usually seem to find music distracting when I'm trying to work, but after half a dozen or so sites today, I felt it was too quiet. Music has been the RIGHT choice today (though I do seem to be stopping to blog about it too much).

Bowie has long been a staple in my musical diet. I saw him live when I was sixteen. Sure, it was the Serious Moonlight tour (elder hipsters are welcome to insert sneers here) - but I saw Bowie live, which kids today aren't getting the opportunity to do, to speak of. To quote one of the better bumper stickers I saw this past week: "I may be old, but I saw all the cool bands."

Which is true. My very first concert ever was The Clash. And, no, kiddies: that is not punk rock. Yes, I know Joe Strummer had a mohawk. Heck, I had half a one once - hairstyles do NOT a punk make (most of the ones I knew didn't have anything particularly special going on with their follicles - be warned of such assumptions).

Ah, and now Foo Fighters. Man, today is GOOD for my crazy little self-programmed madness of an internet station. I'll even go so far as to geek-say: RAWCK!

No comments: