Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mein Kopf Tut Mir Veh

So as I was doing that stuff you do between the phone interview at home, and the getting dressed to go interview in person, I puttered about the house a bit this morning. Amongst other puttering, I flossed my teeth. Squatted down to discard the floss under the sink, and found a small piece of trash next to the wastebasket; so reached over for that, and put it all in. Stood up.

Took a steel corner of the medicine cabinet to the forehead.

Well, that hurts.

I bled. Wah, wah, poor little baby girl me.

But it was a tongue-biter, one of those moments you just go "of COURSE, not that I had a job interview or anything today" and glare at the poor dog. You know, and dab for a while, daring the bleeding to just keep on one minute more. Gah.

As to that: it is true what they say. Head wounds do bleed, even little minor ones, more than you expect. Oiks.

Fortunately: bangs.

Unfortunately, though: I keep forgetting it's there, and touching the bruise accidentally.

Owie.

No comments: