Friday, September 17, 2010

Drought Dolt

Last night on the news, they were covering the ongoing drought, which has resulted in mandatory water restrictions, but didn't seem to result in them soon enough. Many people who live on the reservoir lake attended a meeting to discuss this.

The b*tch who made it onto the news?

The one who said, "We can't use the lake the way we'd like to. Our boat has been landlocked."



This is the sort of ignornant, asinine, selfish, unbelivably shortsighted BS that just leaves me sputtering. I wondered whether they had edited out the part where she complained about how her lawn is looking.

Because, really - never mind the fact that WATER IS LIFE and we need some for actual reasons. No, what's really dismaying about a drought is not being able to show off one's half-a-million-or-more dollar estate and PLAY.

Good m*th*r****ing grief, woman.

It's enough to get me close to breaking my "this blog needs to be suitable for reading by my nieces" rule.

Gah.


With a sense of entitlement that outsized ... anyone care to lay odds with me on whether this well-to-do middle aged white woman is republican? Or a Tea Partier??

I'm betting rather a lot on it.

1 comment:

Mo said...

not as much as she could afford to bet. Oh, and your nieces are fine with this.