Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Adele Redux

I feel so hip and "on-trend" as the egregious magazines like to say. No sooner do I post the video for Rolling in the Deep than Adele appears for an interview on NPR (with that track backing a good bit of the segment). I'm not accustomed to being cool, but if it means digging that song like a double-wide grave, I will take it.



Adele is such a beautiful, and such a very *young* woman. She says she hates to hear her voice - that dissonance so many of us have, between the reassuring, familiar sound of our voice as heard from within our own skulls, and the sound outside, as heard by everybody else. She says she has no expectations, that she's not confident her career can last, but that what success she has seen she is so grateful for.

She's no less lovely for hearing the person behind the *belt*, that amazing delivery.

I like music with intense power. Rolling in the deep is a terribly, wonderfully potent song.

No comments: