Friday, April 1, 2011

Bit Less Bad

If I pull myself to a standing position, and carefully place my feet, I can, if I stand very still, bear weight on my foot. From there, it is possible to take a few steps ... as long as the angle of my ankle deviates in NO way from pretty straight forward, and as long as not even a molecule of air hits my foot to impede my stride whatsoever - obstacles like the friction of the floor under me, or the fraction-of-an-inch lip between the kitchen and the living room are pretty paintful.

It also comes to my attention that this is not to be attempted too frequently. For instance, the resting period of the twenty minutes it took my rice to cook just now: insufficient for the taking of six or eight steps in either direction to pick up the food.

Oh, and damn. I left the stove on.



Still. It is locomotion. Of a sort.

Whee.

No comments: