Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Exception

Canny readers will notice by the time stamp here that I am posting from work, an infraction I would not usually indulge.

One reason for this is to ask for prayers for my beloved TEO - and those who need to know why, do.

The other is to note that last night, I spilled 7-Up on my laptop, and though the OS appears to be okay, the mouse pad is gone - and without paddable mousey-ness, I (a) can't use the computer, and (b) can't determine anything deeper which might have been affected/damaged. I have no way to know how long it will be before I am computing again on my personal time, so wanted to encourage anyone who needs me to use other means to contact me. Especially those agents needing to desperately beg for a full manuscript - my contact information should be at your fingertips ...

The extremely sobering aspect of my losing personal compute-ability at this time is that TEO's usual way to contact people with big news is electronically. This leaves me in limbo for a while, in terms of finding out how things are working out with this please-pray-for-her bidniss, which is probably a bit more frantic-making than it "ought" to me - but I am my mother's daughter, and a woman, and sometimes fretting is just an inevitability. I'd like to assume I'll come out the other side of the worry having been very silly for worrying - will let the blog-world know, when I can.

Two more days to a long weekend ... to be spent lawn-mowing, home-projecting, and probably laptop-doctoring.

And, one hopes, thanking G-d for blessing my friend.

No comments: