Sunday, May 29, 2011

(Off) Work

Long weekend, and I seem to have spent much of it working without pay. Today has gone to a lot of writing work, but there's also a bit here and there around the house. I have sorted some email archives, and updated my query sheet (still thinking about taking that out of Excel, into Access ... but, oh, don't I fantasize about not having to keep that doc much longer!), and reorganized my Favorites with query dates on bookmark names, deleting the one I got a rejection from, and reading/deleting other items just to get them covered.

This job really IS ideal for a secretary. Those aspects of it not strictly creative lend well to the skills I need for my work. This doesn't give me an advantage as a writer, but it does render that side of author-dom painless - and I know many others HATE it. I count myself fortunate.



Still, though. I can't wait for the part where I'm coordinating with my local writing community, setting up little events for the new BOOK, networking, communicating. This querying thing is getting a bit wearing.

No comments: