Monday, August 8, 2011

Restlessness Is Good

When I get into the "change" mode - needing to do small things with my bangs, shoving around the furniture for two days on end, finally actually writing about *writing* on my authorial blog - it tends to be a good thing.  When I was younger, it often was a fugue state, a non-coping mechanism, a frustration, a power struggle with myself.  As I have gotten older, I've come to be able to recognize the energy as it crests, to know when it is coming, and to think ahead of ways to use it.

Alongside poking around in these obvious, small ways, I have been able to knit some thoughts together.  (I do not, after all, kill them *all* ...)  This in fact keeps me from the necessary public face of this blog, neatening it up from all the randomness and off-topic-ery of August so far.  But it is overall better.  I will tend to this page, though.  I will minister to it, knowing I still have something like a dozen active queries out and one never knows when one is being read (and when I am being Googled, or my links clicked).  But it is good to minister, too, to rather more substantial writing.

No comments: