Friday, November 11, 2011

Isn't It Ironic - Don'tcha Think?

Okay, so I will NOT link the song referenced in this post's title, out of sensitivity both for my readers - and, yeah, the English language.  Heh.

Still, it did leap nimbly to mind just now, when - as part of my attempt to be open minded, and a good steward of my work, I finally got around to deciding to research Twitter a little bit.

...we came across the word 'twitter', and it was just perfect. The definition was 'a short burst of inconsequential information,' and 'chirps from birds'. And that's exactly what the product was.
– Jack Dorsey

First sentence I see on Wikipedia.  I am not making this up.

I will keep trying to understand the point of the ultimate in content-less content, and just how many risks are attached to this form of social networking (I still FLATLY refuse to whore out my personal life, no matter their flimsy "assurances" - and unending *apologies* for errors - regarding security, to FaceBook).  But, I am sorry - this just made me laugh.

No comments: