Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Entendres

In exploring the new TV and its streaming capabilities, I started watching the premiere episode (a full length movie, actually) of "Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century".

Quite aside from Princess Ardala's Studio 54 deluxe edition lipgloss and glittery-ness (and her extensive, healthy midriff), some of the dialog in this is howlingly funny - and even MEANT to be.  "Your father's rear is the farthest thing from my mind" says our hero to The Foxy Villainess.  On the plus side, she's actually written as possessing some intelligence - which, given her Barbie-tastic wardrobe, and that hairdo I wanted so very badly, went completely unnoticed to me as a kid.

I have to admit, though, considering this show started airing when I was eleven, I'm fairly surprised I was allowed to watch it!  Freeow.

No comments: