Thursday, February 23, 2012

Turns Out

... a sprained back is an INJURY.  Feeling pretty good yesterday, I had myself thinking like I'd had a bug, and that it was all done.  Not so much.  My neck was bothering me this morning for the first time since the day of the accident, but again all the pain has pooled downward, and when Siddy found a cat to surprise me with on our walk, she gave me a pretty painful spin.  Sometimes, she treats me as a toy top.  My center of gravity may be low, but I'm still not built for that.

It may be said, all the way home, she was a *very* good girl indeed.  I was pretty ginger, and increasingly in pain as we went - but she left slack on the leash and was almost ginger herself, she was walking so delicately.  Aww.

So here I sit, as straight as I can be on my cushy couch, and already dreaming about the heating pad in bed tonight.  (Yes, my dreams of hot things in my bed are perhaps ... not overwhelming.)

Anyway.  In honor of all this, I thought I'd go a little Mad Magazine and offer up a few


THOUGHTS FROM A BACK INJURY ...


"It's interesting to observe the types of people who *really* want me to lawyer up, and those who don't see the need."

"Knowing it's best for you doesn't make a difference:  good posture can literally be a pain."

"I want to start boxing things up for the office move.  I want to start moving boxes for the move.  I must not do these things.  Oh, my desk is such an oppressive mess."
Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.
And repeat.
And repeat.  Gaaaahhh.

"I like the other driver's insurance company better than mine."

"Ford's steering wheel on the little coupe I used to have was SUPER comfortable.  The one on this Fusion is not.  Also, this seat is shaping me like a 'C' - this jutting headrest is irksome."

"I am out of practice wearing glasses."

"I know they're only shifting from telework with their own cubes to telework in hotel spaces, but "aww" - I feel like I'm really saying goodbye to people in this move."

"Why is it back pain makes me limp?  My feet aren't the problem."

No comments: