Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

This weekend started when I worked from home on Friday, and was actually almost relentlessly productive for my half day.  I always *feel* like WFH isn't as good for me, but this week wasn't allowing for any dip in accomplishments, and indeed I ended up with a touch of OT as well, along the way to resolving a high priority question I'm not sure my own feedback didn't have any influence in finally answering.  Not too bad, and the ultimate decision was one which makes a lot of work I did earlier this week very useful, instead of a mistake to be rectified as soon as possible.  Heh.

Once work was done, mom happened to pop by at EXACTLY the right moment, so we went for lunch, which was lovely and somehow ate up much of the afternoon - so I eschewed mowing the lawn.  Hey, any excuse with no storm.  *Grin*  Did hit up the grocery, and got some housecleaning done (... *some* - the place was presentable!) and cousins came in the evening.

I cooked my first pot roast Saturday, the whole fam got together for Easter and my stepfather's birthday, and a good time (I think) was had by all.  I have fairly low recall of most events outside of eight a.m. roast browning and *then* breakfast - BUT I do hear from Mojourner that our mom put her stamp of approval on the roast!  Major accomplishment there, egregious name pun and all.  *High fives self*

We had family movie night last night, with goodies from the Mediterranean Bakery as a lighter supper and given extremely light leftovers after family pot roast, with Rango for a feature.  After a bizarre nervous breakdown from Siddy, who suffered hideous, acute terror for forty-five minutes or so - from no discernible source, and with complete resolution once I pried myself out from under her - I made homemade popcorn (the most remarkable process and treat for the kids), and we all went to bed reasonably early once the flick was over.

Today, gloriously beautiful day and a good long walk with the boys, including cousin dog and The Lolly, then a fun outing to the Science Museum, which was open but nicely not overcrowded for the holiday.  Home for Chinese delivery, and then they got on the road.

I am exhausted, and the weekend is gone, but it was good, and sometimes exhausting yourself with family is in its way relaxing - and certainly fun.

The settlement check from the accident came on Saturday, so that adventure is closed (though - ack! - my back is pretty beat, after this weekend!).

And now for a new week.  And a short one, too.

Time to shut down, rest, and be ready.  Good night, all.  Or good day, depending on when you are reading.

No comments: