Monday, April 9, 2012

NPR Badness

Am I the only person who listened to the piece on Myanmar this morning, agape and occasionally yelping with outrage at the Western man who continually referred to the nation a few years ago as "MY" Myanmar ... ?  Is it possible I am the only person who found that preposterous?

I don't see the phrase in a relatively quick reading of the transcript.  But I heard it about five times or so this morning.  See if you can find it (audio or transcript) - I don't have the stomach to look yet again.

1 comment:

Mojourner said...

Yeah. I came in after the beginning, and assumed I was listening to an adoptee, or immigrant, or who somehow had grown into an American accent, but had a reason to refer to it as My Myanmar. Then the name sounded like an NPR reporter. Huh?