Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Collection

Tiny "hands" in ancient cave art are not babies' hands, nor even human. They are lizards' paws! (Parallels to the short-fingered vulgarian? Create your own joke.)

We haven't taken a trip to J. V. Cullen's A Few Random Thoughts for a while; how about today? March 8: the day Thomas Paine (?) discussed American slavery, the day Queen Anne ascended to her throne, and the day The Hitchhikers Guide guided us to where our towels were.

Lauren at American Duchess shares her fascinating experience as an extra on a documentary production about the Donner Party. Cool photos, as always, boots in the desert, and heat ... and I can't wait for part 2!

2 comments:

Lilac Shoshani said...

What a great post, Diane…The lizards' paws blew me away… :D

DLM said...

This was one of those occasions where I found myself thanking my mom for raising me and my brother on PBS. :) I told her about it, and she guessed monkeys of course, then we were joking about making geckos pose (hee, I made a rhyme!). I'm so glad I'm not the only one who digs this stuff.